Tingling sensation in the throat is often indicative of congestion in the throat and is treated with anti-histamines and cough syrup. However there are a wide range of homeopathic drugs and home remedies that can be beneficial in the management of tingling in the throat and chest.
Causes Of Tingling In Throat
Tingling in the throat and chest can be due to wide range of causes. These causes include,
- Inflammation of the throat: Throat inflammation may be due to bacterial infection associated with the upper respiratory tract infection or straining of the larynx due to overuse of the voice box.
- Gastro Esophageal Reflux disease: GERD is a common cause of tingling in the throat. Regurgitation of acidic content from the stomach into the esophagus may result in a sensation of tingling which is often associated with burning pain in the throat and the chest
- Post nasal drip due to cold: Often common cold may be associated with nasal discharge. Dripping of the nasal discharge from the back of the nose into the throat may also create a sensation of tickling in the throat.
- Lump or overgrowth in the throat region due to enlarged tonsils can also result in tingling in the throat. Occasionally on the first symptoms associated with cancerous growth in the throat is sensation of tingling in the throat.
Tingling Sensation In Throat And Chest
Tingling in the throat and chest may manifest in the form of a wide range of symptoms. This depends upon the underlying pathology that results in tingling. The other symptoms observed with tingling in the throat and the chest include,
- Sensation of burning and irritation in the throat is observed commonly when tingling is associated with GERD
- Tingling may also be associated with running nose or cough (dry or with discharge), if associated with bacterial or viral infection
- Often tingling at the base of the jaw is associated with cardiac insufficiency. The condition may be indicative of a myocardial infarction or a congestive cardiac failure
Treatment For Tingling In Throat And Chest
Conventional medical systems provide symptomatic treatment for tingling in the throat. Use of anti-histamines and cough syrups has been beneficial for most of the patients. However homeopathic system also provides some treatment options,
- Causticum is an effective homeopathic remedy for the treatment of tingling sensation or the sensation of a plug in the throat.
- Spongia is another effective homeopathic remedy which is used for the treatment of tingling in the throat often caused due to dry cough.
- Bufo and Kali Brom are some other homeopathic remedies that are effective in management of tingling in the throat. Phytolacca and Lachesis are also effective in the treatment of tingling sensation in the throat and chest.