Cholecalciferol, commonly known as vitamin D3, is a form of vitamin D that is quite similar to steroids. Its simplest and abundant source is the sunlight. Sunlight exposure from 7 to 8 am is said to be the best source of vitamin D. It can also be found in fish liver oil.
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) deficiency has been found to cause diseases such as hypertension, osteoarthritis, muscle weakness, and depression.
Symptoms Of Vitamin D3 Deficiency
- Hypertension or increased blood pressure
- Dental cavities
- Muscle pain
- Muscle weakness
- Softening of bones
- Bone pain
- Men became more prone to heart diseases, stroke, and hypertension.
- Women experienced symptoms of bone pains and are more prone to osteoporosis, ovarian, and breast cancer.
Causes Of Cholecalciferol Deficiency
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Inadequate sunlight exposure
- Chronic renal failure
- Hypocalcemia or low calcium levels in the body.
- Congenital disease such as 1-alpha hydoxylase deficiency.
Vitamin D3 Deficiency Prevention And Treatment
- Adequate and sensible exposure to sun on a regular basis.
- Intake of vitamin D supplements as per doctors advice.
- Adequate intake of foods rich in vitamin D3 such as animal liver, dairy products, fruit and vegetable juice, milk, cereals and oily fish.
- Treatment of diseases that may lead to vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) deficiency such as rickets and Crohn’s disease.
- Intake of calcium supplements as per your healthcare providers recommendation.
- Do proper exercises regularly.