Rash on Your Elbows and Knees
A body rash or skin rash is normally an inflammation of one’s skin. The condition brings about changes in texture and color of the affected area. A body or skin rash on your elbows and knees or just about any part of the body can be brought about by an allergic reaction or irritation. These allergies can be linked to food, insects, plants, animals, other environmental factors, and other chemicals. While not all kinds of rashes are contagious, there are some that could be.
Causes of Rash on Elbows, Knees, and Other Body Parts
- Allergic reaction to chemicals and dyes in clothing worn
- Allergic reaction to chemicals found in latex, elastic, and rubber products used
- Body reaction to soaps, perfumes, cosmetics, and detergents
- Heat rash
- Dry skin
Home Remedies for Rashes on Elbow, Knees, and Other Body Parts
For rashes on elbow, knees, and other body parts, the following remedies can be applied:
- Baking powder applied on the affected area will help lessen and eliminate the rash.
- Body rash can also be treated with vitamin E oil, cod liver oil, and aloe vera gel.
- For some relief, applying olive oil to the affected oil will help.
- One can get an oatmeal bath for relief of the inflammation. Just put a cup or two of oatmeal on your bathwater and soak in it for thirty minutes to an hour.
- To alleviate the skin rash, make a poultice from chaparral, dandelion, and yellow dock root and apply on affected area.
- Wash with chamomile tea the body part with the rash.