Phlegm in Back of Throat
Thick mucus or phlegm are produced in the respiratory passage walls. The presence of phlegm in back of throat usually signifies a problem in the respiratory tract and is oftentimes brought about by cold. Phlegm in back of throat in morning is commonly caused by post-nasal drip wherein mucus accumulates in the throat, which may be brought about by rhinitis or sinusitis.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Phlegm in Back of Throat
- Lemon juice: Squeezing lemon juice into a glass of orange juice is a rich source of vitamin C that will help in curing the respiratory disease that causes phlegm.
- Drinking lots of water or any clear fluids will do. This helps in thinning the mucus that later on facilitates easy expectoration of phlegm in back of throat.
- Honey and ginger: A mixture of honey, ginger and extracts, and warm water can be helpful in lessening the production of phlegm in back of throat. Drink the concoction four to five times a day.
- Garlic: Crush the garlic and add warm water. Drink this mixture every morning until the throat is cleared of phlegm. The warm effect of garlic helps in softening the phlegm, which makes it easier to cough out.
- Oranges: Put slices of oranges in one glass of wine and leave it overnight. Cooking the oranges before eating adds potency. Eat the slices of oranges; this is helpful remedy for phlegm in back of throat after eating.