Mercury Poisoning From Tuna: Symptoms Of Sushi Mercury Poisoning

Almost all the sea fish contain traces of mercury in them. Methylmercury is an inorganic form of mercury. It is present in many large fishes in higher concentration than in smaller fishes.

Mercury Poisoning From Tuna

Methylmercury when ingested causes damage to several organs in our body. Large fish such as tuna, swordfish, shark, halibut etc, contain high mercury level. Therefore it is advised to restrict its consumption.

Mercury poisoning by tuna fish can cause severe physical and neurological damage.

Sushi Mercury Poisoning

Let us know what is sushi, it is a Japanese dish. Recently it has become popular in America.

Cooked rice when stuffed in between the raw fish is called sushi. Sushi is high in omega 3 fatty acids, proteins and vitamin A. It is considered healthy food alternative to pizza or hamburgers.

Mercury poisoning from sushi can occur if you eat it in excessive amount. In moderation sushi can be like any other small fish. You should avoid eating sushi every day.

Symptoms Of Mercury Poisoning From Fish

  • Fatigue
  • Peripheral neuropathy
  • Numbness and burning in hands
  • Muscle weakness
  • Difficulty in walking
  • Difficulty speaking fluently
  • Difficulty in writing in a straight line
  • Diarrhea
  • gastrointestinal disturbances.

The healthy way to eat sushi is to incorporate salmon fish, or other fish which is low in mercury concentration than tuna fish.

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published.

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.