Stomach Liposuction Cost
The abdomen is the most common body part that is prone to fat accumulation. It is for this very reason that abdominal liposuction is also one of the most commonly performed procedure in plastic surgery. The result of abdominal liposuction varies from one individual to another.
- Stomach liposuction is done for different reasons including fat deposit from previous pregnancies, c-section bulge, past obesity and more.
- The cost of abdominal liposuction varies, dependent on many factors.
- The setting where the operation is performed, the part of the abdomen that needs to be suctioned, the technique used, and the professional’s fee.
Lower, Upper Abdominal Liposuction Procedure
- There are two basic types of stomach liposuction techniques, namely tumescent and ultrasonic.
- With the tumescent procedure, basically the surgeon fills the fat in the body part with tumescent fluid and then the fat is suctioned out using long, thin rods.
- The surgeon has to make several small incisions that can be hidden with natural skin creases.
- With ultrasound liposuction, the fat is filled with tumescent fluid and then liquefied using high-frequency ultrasonic energy. The fat is then suctioned out.
Abdominal Liposuction Recovery
- After the abdominal liposuction surgery, the patient will feel varying degrees of pain as well as pain, swelling, burning, and even numbness temporarily.
- Pain medications can be used to ease the pain and discomfort felt after surgery.
- Body garments have to be worn to help minimize the swelling.
- Most patients will be back to work within a period of 10 days.
- Exercise will have to be refrained and then resumed slowly after a week.
- Final results of the liposuction can be seen for a period of 1 to 6 months.