Health Risks of Being Underweight
Having a body mass index (BMI) of 19 or lower means you are at risk of acquiring underweight problems. The usual causes of such condition include:
- Skipping meals
- Eating disorders
- High metabolism
- Eating on the run
- Trauma or injury
- Stress and anxiety
- Active lifestyle
- Poor nutrition
- Eating the wrong foods
Side Effects of Underweight
- Infertility or the inability to produce offspring
- Type 1 diabetes
- Development of osteoporosis
- Weak immune system
- Poor memory
- Decreased muscle strength
- Heart problems
Home Remedies for Underweight
Being underweight health risks can be remedied with the following tips:
- Eat a well-balanced diet. Take lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Have healthy eating habits. Eat your food well and take some time to eat leisurely. Avoid eating in haste.
- Choose the right foods to ensure that you are getting the right nutrition. Check the food pyramid to have an idea on the right amount of food to eat.
- Consult your dietician or medical specialists to treat eating disorders.
- Eat 30 grams of raisins per day.
- Include banana and mango milk shake on your diet.
- Take small but frequent meals.
- Take meditation or regular exercise to improve your appetite.
- Include large amount of fatty foods in your diet such as germinated wheat, figs, rice honey, flour, dates, and butter.