Gas Build Up in Chest Symptoms
- If you have ever suffered from excess gas being trapped in the chest, you may have thought this was the end for you. The trapped gas in chest symptoms does indeed mimic those that occur with a fully fledged heart attack.
- Tightness in the chest feels like an elephant is standing on you. The pain is overwhelming. You may start to sweat and be afraid to take a deep breath. It is a frightening situation.
Causes of Trapped Gas in Chest
When gas travels from the stomach to the chest cavity, the endings of the nerves in the food pipe become stretched to the max and it creates an excruciating amount of pain in the process.
How to Release Trapped Gas in Chest
There are some simple ways on how to release gas build up in chest
- There is no doubt that you will be relieving the pressure and pain in one of 2 ways, belching or expelling flatus.
- It does not sound like the prim and proper way to get relief, but honestly, there is no prim and proper way to do it.
- Walking and moving around can help but it is not a quick method. Also, it is not what you want to do when you are in so much discomfort.
- A large carbonated beverage will do the trick.
- Try club soda or something with high carbonation. After drinking it you either belch louder and longer than you ever had or let out some extreme flatulence. Either way, relieve is swift and effective.
- Another method is to dissolve a teaspoon of cinnamon extract in some water and drink it down. Momentarily, you will feel much better.