Lots of people have summer flu, with a hacking cough, headache and runny nose, and, may even be worse than a winter cold. You may manifest the following symptoms of summer flu.
Summer Flu Symptoms
- Runny nose and nasal discharge
- Sore throat
- Headaches and sinusitis
- Wheezing and asthma like symptoms
Summer Influenza Remedies
- Certain foods help keep flu away. These are: limes, oranges, capsicums, tomatoes. Berries, mangoes, papaya and cherries. They are loaded with vitamin C. vitamin C fortifies and strengthens the immune system and helps fight off infectious agents.
- Increase your daily intake of vitamin C to battle summer flu, 5 000mg per day is recommended. You may even start a vitamin C supplement to get your daily vitamin C intake.
- Consuming ginger tea is beneficial. Ginger is packed with gingerols that help combat infections effectively. Ginger is a potent anti-bacterial and anti-viral. Consuming 100 ml daily is advised by experts.
Treatment For Flu
- Drink plenty of water and herbal teas.
- Gargling with hot water to which salt has been added hastens recovery from sore throat, coughing and wheezing.
- Turmeric is yet another efficient remedy for flu. It is a powerful anti-septic agent. Curcumin in turmeric fights infectious agents successfully and help relieve the symptoms of the cold speedily. It treats a sore throat, cough, chest congestion, nasal discharge and blockage and wheezing. 1 spoon of turmeric added to boiling milk and consumed twice a day allays summer cold.