Sudden Severe Headache Back of Head Causes
- Migraines cause excruciating pains and are almost always associated with nausea and vomiting. He may also complain of extreme sensitivity to sound / light, weakness, temporary visual loss, and increased urination.
- Sinusitis is another common cause of bad headache back of head. There occurs sharp pain in the head, neck and behind the eyes.
- Meningitis causes sudden, violent headaches, with projectile vomiting. The condition occurs when the meninges / the coverings of the brain get infected and inflamed. The person may also have seizures, convulsions and delirium with unconsciousness.
- Encephalitis is the inflammation of the brain. It occurs due to viral infection. Headaches, nausea, convulsions and unconsciousness occur. The disease is fatal.
- Brain tumor manifest as headache and vomiting.
- A traumatic injury to the brain is another factor.
- Other causes of extreme pain in back of head and vomiting include: a hangover, coital cephalalgia, vascular headaches, etc
- Fluctuation in the hormone profile is another important cause. Stress, depression or poor posture may cause severe headaches as well.
Extreme Vomiting and Headache Treatment
The basis of the treatment of throbbing headache and vomiting is identifying and ascertaining the exact cause.Consult your doctor to determine the cause. He will ask you to get certain investigations and blood tests done, will conduct examinations and make the diagnosis. Based on the diagnosis, the physician will start the most appropriate treatment plan. Never neglect headaches, more so, if the pain is sharp and excruciating and is associated with other severe symptoms. Visiting the doctor promptly is very essential.