There are three varieties of ginseng, Siberian ginseng, Asian ginseng and American ginseng. Of the three, Siberian ginseng is considered to be most potent variety. Siberian ginseng is most energizing tonic used in Chinese medicines since ages, the benefits of Siberian ginseng were utilized by soviet athletes to enhance their performance in the 50′ era. During the same period western civilization became aware of Siberian ginseng benefits.
The main beneficial ingredient of Siberian ginseng plant is its root, which is dried, chopped and powdered for consumption.
Siberian Ginseng Benefits For Men And Women
Let us know the benefits of Siberian ginseng:
- Siberian ginseng root is considered as a best immune system enhancer, it boosts the body immunity.
- Siberian ginseng has properties to fight against virus; therefore it is beneficial in recurrent upper respiratory tract infections caused due to viruses.
- It regulates blood circulation and lowers hypertension.
- Siberian ginseng is said to regulate and control diabetes in adults.
- Siberian ginseng if regularly taken as a natural medicine that helps to concentrate, and increase mental acuity in children as well as adults.
- It is used as an anti-ageing herb in the form of ginseng tea.
- In men it is used to increase sperm count and is a potent drug for sterility and impotency related to stress.
- In women it is used in infertility, it increase and promotes healthy function of uterus. Siberian ginseng is useful in improving sexual function, gives relief from menopausal symptoms and enhances milk secretion in lactating women.
Side Effects Of Siberian Ginseng
All said and done, one should also know side effects of Siberian ginseng.
Side effects include:
- Overdose may cause increased heart rate, palpitation and raised blood pressure.
- Spasms of muscle and neuritis.
- Headache and drowsiness in some individual.
- Breast pain.
- Hypoglycemia in diabetics.
Siberian ginseng can be consumed as a root powder or as tea preparation. Regular consumption of Siberian ginseng should not be more than 3 to 4 weeks with a break of two weeks before resuming it again.