Kidney stones are crystalline masses that form in one or both the kidneys. They are formed due to excess of various salts in urine and blood. Inadequate fluid intake or an inappropriate diet or diseases such as gout also trigger formation of renal stone. Percentage of people suffering from kidney stones is much higher in dry, hot countries and where the mineral content of water is conducive to stone formation.
There are variable sizes of kidney stones, ranging from the size of a tiny sand particle to that of a marble. Stone in kidney or anywhere else in the urinary tract can cause severe pain.Burning pain while urinating, blood in urine, nausea, vomiting, and fever are few other symptoms of kidney stone.
Natural Remedies To Remove Kidney Stones
The characteristic pain of kidney stone radiates from back to front and extends to testes. Big sized stones are typically removed through surgical procedure, but if they are not yet big enough or if there is no infection, doctors recommend alternative medicine for kidney stones.
- Drink aloe vera juice at least twice a day to naturally remove kidney stones and prevent them from coming back.
- Drink at least three liters of water a day. This will naturally flush out the kidney stone from your body through frequent urination.
- Exercise regularly. Instead of taking medicine for kidney stones, take at least 30 minute walk or jog every day.
- Take a teaspoon of basil juice with honey every day for 3 to 6 months. You can also chew few basil leaves daily to flush out the tiny stone anywhere in urinary tract.
- Include celery in most of your meals. The sufficient intake of celery is proven to prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- Take large quantities of ripe fresh apple every day. You can have it as your dessert, juice, or as any variation just to increase your apple intake.
- Drink several glasses of coconut water every day to melt the stone in your kidneys making it easier to release naturally.
- Take equal parts of lemon juice and olive oil then mix them in a glass of water. Drink the mixture and expect to remove the kidney stone within 24 hours.
- Get 2 medium-sized onions and boil them in a glass of water over medium heat. Allow the water to cool down then blend them on a blender. Strain and consume the juice for 3 days.
Alternative Therapies For Kidney Stones
- Acupuncture may help to alleviate pain and infection caused by kidney stone. However, acupuncture alone may not help in expelling the stone. You may have to complement the therapy by drinking more water.
- Herbs: There are certain herbs which promote urination. Certain herbs are effective in breaking the gravel. One such herb which dissolves renal stone is gravelroot. A decoction is prepared by boiling gravelroot in water. Parsley, chamomile and madder are few other herbs capable of expelling kidney stones.
- Homeopathic medicines are found extremely effective in treating kidney stone problems. Lycopodium, sarsaparilla, pariera brava and cantharis are few proven homeopathic medicines for to treat kidney stones.
- Naturopathy: Naturopaths recommend reducing the intake of calcium rich food such as milk, cheese, etc. They also suggest taking small amount of apple cider vinegar daily in a glass of water to treat kidney stone problem.