Frontal Sinus Headache
Frontal sinus pain occurs when you have an episode of sinusitis. The forehead and the orbit of the eye get painful. There may also be referred pain in the neck.
Frontal Sinus Pain Causes
- The mucus lining the nose and the sinuses get inflamed due to a host of reasons; and this is the primary cause for frontal sinusitis pain.
- Infection, allergy and irritation of the mucus membrane triggers pain.
- When the membrane gets inflamed, the opening of the sinuses gets occluded / blocked. This elevates the pressure on the surrounding structures, making it painful.
- Stress is another important trigger for sinusitis.
- A deviated nasal septum also causes frontal sinusitis infection and pain.
Frontal Sinus Pain Treatment
- Principally, boosting your immune system and avoiding the offending agent steadily helps fight sinusitis successfully.
- During an attack of sinusitis, consume hot milk to which 1 spoon of turmeric is added. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and an anti-septic agent.
- Those prone to sinusitis must take large amounts of vitamin C rich foods. Vitamin C peps up the immune and defense mechanisms, and keeps them functioning optimally. Limes, oranges, berries, cherries, plums, papayas, mangoes, bell peppers, chilies, etc are wonderful sources.
- Aromatherapy also aids in treating sinusitis effectively. In particular, lavender, eucalyptus, mint and myrrh essential oils are recommended. Add 3 drops of any one essential oil to boiling water, and inhale the vapors. Do this twice – thrice a day. It yields brilliant results.