What Are The Causes Of Excessive Urination In Men?
The following medical conditions/ disorders are known to cause frequent urination:
- Prostate disorders: Enlargement of the prostate, BEP and prostate cancer are common prostate diseases. The gland may enlarge from its normal size of 20 g to 150 g. This causes a constriction of the urethra and results in the following urinary symptoms: dribbling of urine, involuntary urination, increased frequency, difficulty in initiating urination, increased urination at night and urinary urgency.
- An important cause for increased urinary frequency is diabetes mellitus. Frequent urination, increased thirst, increased appetite, blurred vision, weight loss and fatigue are symptoms of diabetes.
Causes Of Frequent Urination In Young Men
- Drinking excessive amount of liquids is a common cause
- Drinking large quantities of caffeinated beverages and alcohol
- UTI or urinary tract infection
- Urethral infection
- Cystitis or bladder inflammation
- Kidney stones and bladder stones
- Reduced bladder capacity
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney failure
It is important to differentiate between increased number of visits to the washroom and increased quantity of urine output.
Treatment For Men Urinating Frequently
The above symptoms ought not to be neglected. Consulting a doctor / urologist immediately is advised. Getting a sonogram / MRI and having a complete examination and assessment done will help ascertain the exact cause of increased frequency of urination and thus, help embark on the appropriate line of treatment.