Profuse, Excessive Head Sweating Causes
- Overactive thyroid or thyroid disorders
- Anxiety due to stressful events
- Hot flashes due to menopausal is also among the excessive head sweating causes.
- Heart attack
- A serious medical conditions such as diabetes is also one of profuse forehead sweating causes.
- Frequent skipping of meals
- Poor lifestyle habits
- Environmental factors such as working in a poor ventilated area
- Genetic predisposition
Remedies for Profuse Head Sweating
The following are the most common excessive head sweating treatment:
- Taking of medication that can slow down or speed up your thyroid gland. Medicines for this kind of treatment are prescribed by a medical practitioner and cannot be obtained over the counter.
- Exercise regularly to avoid heart attack and other similar cardiovascular problems.
- Reduce weight
- Avoid getting stressed by taking time to relax like listening to a soothing sound or white noise.
- Avoid worrying too much.
- Eat properly.
- Do not skip meals.
- Choose foods that can relax the sympathetic nerves.
- Avoid eating spicy foods.
- Avoid hot beverages and alcoholic drinks as it could aggravate your condition.
- Increase your fruit intake. Include large portions of fruits in your daily meal since they have a naturally cooling effect in the body.
- Avoid eating red meat as they stimulate the sympathetic nerves and they are harder to digest thereby inducing the body to sweat more.
- Take relaxation techniques such as yoga and meditation.