Published October 19, 2010 by Nick
Symptoms of Swollen Enlarged Liver
- Pain is experienced when the abdominal area is touched.
- The feel of discomfort and pain when the liver starts to apply pressure to its surrounding organs and nerves are another enlarged liver symptoms.
- Jaundice or the yellowing of the skin and eyes
- Right upper abdominal tenderness
- Swelling of the abdomen
- Abdominal fullness
Liver Inflammation Causes
- Excessive alcohol intake or alcoholism
- Liver diseases
- Liver cancer
- Heart problems
- Mononucleosis infection
- Excess of iron in the body
- Viral infections such as hepatitis A, B, or C
- Poor diet
- Side effects of certain medications
Enlarged Liver Treatment
- For liver inflammation treatment, the underlying cause should be treated primarily since an enlarged liver is not a disease in itself but the effect of a disease.
- Reduction of weight
- Stopping of alcohol intake
- Ask your doctor for the possible side effects of the medication you are taking.
- Exercise regularly.
- Control of blood sugar levels
- Follow the recommended dosage of medication.
- Avoid blood transfusion or direct contact with blood and other body fluids.
- Avoid taking herbal medicines or herbs without a professional’s advice since some of them can cause liver damage.
- Monitor cholesterol levels and make it a point to lower it down when there is an increase in its level.
- Avoid sharing of needles.