Early Symptoms of Cold
Common cold affects practically everyone. Nasal discharge, a mild headache and sore throat are the first symptoms of cold.
Even as, there are a whole range of over-the-counter drugs that fight cold, treating cold with a home remedy is definitely recommended.
What to Do At First Signs of a Cold
Most importantly, when the initial symptoms of common cold strike; you must ward off an aggravation. This can be done by fortifying the immune system to prevent exacerbations.
How to Fight Off Initial Signs of a Cold
- Vitamin Supplements: vitamin C pills are decidedly recommended. Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant and a powerful immune booster. It effectively fights infection and prevents the condition from worsening.
- Ginger tea: ginger is ideal to fight early signs of chest cold, infections and inflammations. Gingerols present in ginger combat common cold almost instantaneously. Grate about half an inch of ginger, add to boiling water, and simmer for 10 minutes. This tea halts the progression of the cold. Also, you could add a pinch of ground cardamom to the glass.
- Basil and mint decoction: mint and basil act like decongestants. They help reduce phlegm and mucus and ease headaches associated with cold and sinusitis.
- Turmeric: add a1 spoon of turmeric to a cup of boiling milk and consume 3 times a day. It puts an end to cold immediately.
- Eucalyptus oil: add a drop of eucalyptus oil to boiling water, and breathe in the vapors. It opens up nose blocks, drains mucus and eases pain and discomfort.