Lack of Blood Foods
Blood deficiency is a condition which is associated with the inability of the liver to aid in the process of blood formation. This as per Chinese medicine is referred to as ‘qi stagnation’ and can result in abnormal functioning of the liver and damage to the spleen. The primary causes of blood deficiency are poor diet and inappropriate life style patterns which include consumption of excessive amount of alcohol.
Blood Deficiency Symptoms
There are a wide range of symptoms of blood deficiency associated, as the condition tends to affect the entire body.Some of the leading symptoms include,
- Forgetfulness, poor memory functions
- Shortness of breath and palpitations
- Dizziness and fatigue with excessive tiredness on slightest excretion
- Pale complexion with dry and cracked lips
- Dryness of the mouth
- Headache associated with lightheadedness
- Increased anxiety and apprehension associated with insomnia
- Menstrual irregularities in females
- Tingling and numbness in the limbs
- Tired feeling on getting up in the morning
Diet to Increase Blood Levels
An array of foods help cope up with blood deficiency.These foods include egg, beef, oyster, asparagus, grapes, potatoes, carrot, squash, black dates, yam, etc. Avocado, soy milk, almonds, cabbage, celery, etc also are rich in iron and help fight blood deficiency.
In addition to the foods, there are certain herbs that work to stimulate the liver functions and enhance the production of blood by the liver. These herbs include fleeceflower root, Chinese foxglove root, donkey hide glue, Chinese angelica root and white peony root.