Benefits of Eating Salmon
Salmon is found both in sea water as well as fresh water, depending on its stage of development. Salmon is an excellent source of easily digestible proteins, vitamin D, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin A, selenium, phosphorus, zinc, calcium and iron.
Health Benefits of Eating Salmon
- Salmon provides loads of good quality protein, which is necessary for growth and development, repair of wear and tear and formation of enzymes, hormones and cells.
- Salmons supply large amounts of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Essential minerals, such as, phosphorus, calcium, iron, selenium, etc. these minerals are vital for healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Salmon supports cardiovascular health. The omega 3 fatty acids diminish serum cholesterol level and keep the blood pressure in check.
- Salmon has a beneficial effect on serum cholesterol level as well. It improves the impact of insulin on sugar, thus enhancing the absorption of glucose and preventing spiking of the blood glucose.
- Salmon is a must for healthy vision. It prevents development of cataract, macular degeneration, glaucoma, loss of vision and eye fatigue.
- Improves the functioning the central nervous system. Omega 3 fatty acids augment the efficiency of the brain, boost memory and recall capacity, and step up concentration. Salmon prevents the development of Alzheimer’s and age related dementia.
- Studies also state that salmon is effective in preventing the development of cancer.
Benefits of Salmon for the Skin
Selenium, omega 3 fatty acids and amino acids greatly improve the skin’s texture, fight the signs of aging, give a shine to the eyes and lend a wonderful healthy glow.