Causes of White Poop In Adults
When there is liver cell damage, bilirubin is not synthesized to urobilinogen, the dark yellow color giving agent to stool, absence of urobilinogen will make stool or poop look white in adults. It occurs in hepatitis.
- When bile is not excreted from liver in cases of obstruction of biliary duct, e.g. gallstones, pancreatic cancer,
- Viral hepatitis
- Alcohol liver disease
- Cirrhosis of liver
- White stool after heavy fat diet
- Fungal growth in large intestine in cases of AIDS
- Barium enema used for investigative procedures
Causes of Black Poop In Adults
Black colored poop or stools causes can range from iron supplements to bleeding from intestine.
Black colored stools due to presence of blood is called melena.
- Bleeding from peptic ulcer
- Bleeding from gastric ulcer.
- Bleeding from duodenal ulcer.
- Consumption of iron supplements.
- Bleeding in the stomach caused due to certain drugs, like aspirin, NSAID’s.
- Eating blueberries and licorice and beetroot.
Black Poop In Adults Treatment
Treatment for black poop is treating the underlying cause
It requires thorough investigation to find the exact cause for black stools