Benefits of Urine Enema
Enemas are used to detoxify the body system, and to enhance the immune system of the body. There are many types of enemas, and urine enema is one such enema which helps to clear many indisposed conditions. To name a few, they are acne, constipation, insomnia etc.
Are Urine Enemas Safe
- As with other types of enema, the appliances used for urine enema are an enema bag, a hose, and an enema nozzle.
- Collect 8 to 9 ounces of urine, if that is not available purified water can be diluted to urine for use.
- The urine can be implanted in the colon with the help of enema instruments. Urine enema is preferred at night 2 to 3 hours before sleeping.
- After the implantation of urine in the colon, try to retain the urine as much as possible.
- You can massage the abdomen while you retain the urine.
- Then pass after you feel the urge to move to toilet.
How Do Enemas Work?
An enema is a procedure where in a small tube is inserted in to the anus up to the far rectum or up to the colon and a volume of fluid is then infused to irritate the bowel lining and stimulate bowel movement.The major types of enemas and advantages of enemas are discussed below:
Types Of Enemas For Constipation
- Cleansing enema. This is to cleanse the bowel as a preparation for surgery. Common solutions used are soap suds (pure soap), hypotonic solution (fluid that contains less solutes than the water found in the body such), hypertonic solution (fluid with more solutes that that of body water), and isotonic solution (fluids with the same composition as with the body). These are the types of enema for constipation.
Types Of Enemas
- Carminative enema. This type is primarily used to expel gas.
- Retention enema. This type of enema uses mineral oil to soften the feces. In this type of enema, the fluid used is retained for a longer period (about 1 to 3 hours). Antibiotics to kill intestinal parasites can also be administered in this manner.
Different Types Of Enemas
- Lastly, return-flow enema is used to relieve abdominal distension and is sometimes used to expel flatus too.
- There are enemas that are intended for diagnostic purposes. Barium enema includes the instillation of radioactive barium, then X-ray pictures of the large bowel are taken.
If infused for a longer time as indicated, common side effects of enema is fluid and electrolyte imbalance.