Red wasps are also known as paper wasps, often seen with their nests on the projected roof surface of your house or walls or under the tree.
Red wasps like other irascible insects, such as bee, hornets and yellow jackets defend themselves with their sting.
It is the female red wasp which has the stinger attached, while the male is devoid of a stinger.
Symptoms Of Red Wasp Sting
The symptoms of red wasp sting are minor to serious, depending on the venom injected and the body’s capacity to react to the stimuli.
- Minor symptoms consist of pain, inflammation and itching at the site of wasp sting. The symptoms can become worse if the amount of venom injected is more or the person is hypersensitive. The symptoms are immediate or take some time to manifest, this serious symptoms of red wasp bites include vomiting, hives, nausea, abdominal pain and headache.
- Anaphylaxis symptoms include giddiness, shortness of breath and swelling in throat. This condition requires an emergency treatment by a physician.
Red Wasp Sting Treatment And Remedies
Treatment for red wasp stings: most of the time certain home remedies are handy and in our kitchen, we have to use it as first available treatment whenever possible to relieve the symptoms.
- Remove the stringer from the skin with the help of tweezers or a plucker, because it harbors the venom. The sooner you remove, better it is.
- After the wasp sting is removed, wash the area with water and soap.
- To suppress the swelling, you can cold compress the area with ice for few minutes.
- Apply baking soda paste made from dissolving baking soda and water on the stung area by red wasp. Baking soda soothes the burning skin and curtails the inflammation.
- If the symptoms are severe as described before, you have to consult a doctor, he may prescribe some medicines as per the symptoms.