Purple Veins on Thighs, Feet
Purple veins on legs are sometimes horrible to look at. They can appear as thin threads of veins ranging from reddish, bluish, or purplish color netted behind the leg.
Causes of Purple Veins on Legs
Those tiny purple veins on legs can be caused by several factors such as the following:
- Aging resulting from weakening of blood vessels
- Obesity or excessive body weight
- Pregnancy due to an increase in hormone levels
- Sitting or standing for prolonged periods
- Accidents like leg injury
- Exposure to the sun
- Poor blood circulation
- Consumption of birth control pills
- Exposure to cold
Treatment for Tiny Purple Veins on Legs
Common treatment options available include:
- Sclerotherapy where a chemical is injected through the veins causing them to harden and close
- Laser therapy, which employs laser beams to close the purple veins to make them slowly disappear
- Creams or ointments rich in vitamins K, E, and C are great treatment for varicose veins.
- Compression stockings are also recommended.
- Strive to get the ideal body weight through regular exercise as well as to improve blood circulation.
- Healthy lifestyle that features balanced diet, including salt and sodium intake restriction, and increased intake of vitamin C and K
- Avoid sitting on crossed knees and standing for long hours.
- Elevate legs subsequent to prolonged sitting and/or standing.