Nausea is basically described as a natural reaction of the body due to the presence of an irritating element within. In itself, nausea is not a condition but a symptom that manifests the reaction of the body to certain factors. Nausea includes a general uneasy feeling in the stomach with the strong urge to vomit.
Nausea can be caused by various factors. Sometimes, at the onset of pregnancy, women experience the condition. Other people experience nausea as an effect of taking in certain drugs or perhaps due to large intake of sugar.For those who underwent anesthesia or chemotherapy, nausea may follow afterwards. What is important to remember is that nausea is not a sickness but rather a condition wherein the body reacts to changes in the system.
Nausea is a common experience that people of all gender and ages encounter. Here are just some of the natural remedy for nausea problem.
How To Stop Feeling Nauseous?
- When feeling nauseated, eat foods that prevent nausea. Salty foods are on the top of the list such as salty pretzels or biscuits.
- Chew a slice of lemon dipped into some rock salt. Lemons paired with salt produces enough reaction in the body that help in reducing the uneasy feeling caused by nausea and also removes oily taste in mouth, if present.
- Also, you can treat nausea by taking a mixture of 1 tablespoon of honey and another tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Mix the two ingredients on a glass of cold water and drink it before retiring to bed.
- Nausea can also be treated by chewing peppermint gum. You can choose sugar free gum to avoid getting unwanted sugar.
- Another way to prevent nausea is by chewing some bits of ginger. If you don’t feel like chewing raw ginger, you can take ginger capsules or eat foods with ginger as its main ingredient. You can also add a few slices of ginger on your tea if you can’t chew them raw.
- Place some garlic cloves into your mouth. Garlic releases some chemicals that are known to counter nauseating feeling.
Preventing Nausea And Vomiting
- You can also prevent nausea vomiting by drinking chamomile tea or peppermint tea to soothe your nauseated feeling.
- Nausea can also be prevented by dropping some peppermint oil on your handkerchief or paper napkin before traveling or before doing something that could trigger nauseous feeling. The moment you start feeling nauseous, sniff on the fragrance of peppermint to ease away motion sickness and to get rid of that nauseous feel.
- Cramped and poorly ventilated areas could make you feel nauseated. To prevent getting nauseated and as one of the ways to stop feeling nauseous, step outside the area and grab some fresh air.