Natural Medication for Gastritis
Gastritis or the inflammation of the stomach lining can lead to ulcers and other complications that can threaten a person’s life.
Causes of Gastritis
A person can get gastritis through the following:
- Taking in medications inappropriately such as aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), steroids, potassium and iron supplements, and chemotherapeutic drugs.
- Swallowing of poisonous substances such as acids, petroleum, lye, alcohol, and foreign objects.
- Health conditions such as stress, after diagnostic procedures such as endoscopy, radiation therapy for cancer, immunity-related diseases, pernicious anemia, and chronic vomiting.
- Infections such as tuberculosis, sexually transmitted diseases, bacterial H. pylori infection, viral and fungal infections, parasites, and worms.
Herbal Medicine for Gastritis
Since health care is costly, people tend to go for alternative medicine for gastritis, which is often beneficial. They include the following:
- Drink a teaspoon of ajwain (Carom seeds) together with a pinch of salt.
- Chew a fresh and peeled ginger just before taking meals stimulates digestion.
- Drinking coconut water is one popular medication for gastritis. It is said to condition the stomach in just a few hours.
- Drink a combination of 200 ml of spinach juice and 300 ml of carrot juice. It is a healthy herbal cure for gastritis.
- Consume a cup of potato juice before taking meals will help in defending the stomach with increased gastric secretion.
- Taking antacids or anti-stomach acid medications is a great help to reduce stomach acidity.