Best Home Medicine for Chicken Pox
- Chicken pox generally strikes during youth, but some older folks do get it later in life. It comes from a virus.
- This illness has to just run its course. It can last for weeks.
- One of the symptoms of chicken pox is a red, itchy rash that appears and spreads over the entire body. Itching can be ferocious at times. Blisters form and weep.
- Secondary bacterial infections are possible from scratching the blisters open trying to relieve the pruritus.
- While it is not possible to get the virus out of the body any quicker, there are many natural ways to relieve the symptoms of it.
Medications for Chicken Pox
- First and foremost, a nutritious diet is very important to keeping the immunity system pumped up. Eat lots of fresh vegetables and lean proteins.
- Hydrate the body daily to keep flushing out the toxins of the virus. Fresh water is vital. Drink 6-8 glasses per day.
- Chamomile tea will help calm the nerves from the frustrating constant itch. Drink it throughout the day for relaxation.
- Sit in a nice warm salt water bath to ease the itch.
- Natural oatmeal is a wonderful treatment for healing the blisters of chicken pox and reducing the discomforts.
- Honey applied directly to the lesions helps to prevent secondary infections and cut down on the scarring which can occur from the blisters.
- Honey functions as a natural anti infective, anti inflammatory, and anti fungal. It will assist in the pain from the red, inflamed skin.
- Vitamin E should be applied liberally to all affected areas of the skin. Not only will it ease the pain, but it will decrease the scarring too.
- The best medicine for chicken pox is good food, good skin care, and a lot of good books to read as you recuperate.