Liver Pain Location
Pain in abdomen can be due to various reasons, and one of the reason is due to liver pain. Liver pain arises when there is inflammation of liver cells or when there is damage to the liver cells.
Site of liver pain: liver pain is dull, felt in right upper quadrant of the abdomen, below and underneath the ribs. Gall stone pain can radiate to the back and below the scapula.
Medically the fatty liver pain location can be; pain in right hypochondriac region and in the epigastric region.
Liver Pain Causes
- Hepatitis A, B etc.
- Abscesses of liver.
- Hydatid cyst of liver.
- Cirrhosis of liver.
- Gall stone.
- Liver cancer and Metastatic Liver Cancer.
- Fatty liver gastritis.
The above diseases are most common causes of liver pain.
Symptoms of Liver Pain
- Pain felt in typical region i.e. in right upper quadrant of the abdomen, and in the epigastric region.
- Accompanying symptoms of liver pain can be vomiting.
- Pain in liver region while coughing.
- Difficulty in breathing due to ascites.
- Pain radiating to back below the scapula in gallstone colic.