Kidney stones, more technically termed as nephrolithiasis, are the formation of stones in the kidneys. Although kidney stones occasionally form, they pass out harmlessly through voiding if the size is less than 2 millimeters. Kidney stone pain relief is important since they can be extremely painful when they are bigger. Kidney stones, one of the main causes of kidney pain are caused due to calcium oxalate and uric acid deposits.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
- Intense pain.
- Frequent but scant urination.
- Blood streaks found in the urine.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Cold sweating and chills.
Natural Remedies For Kidney Stone Pain Relief
Here is a list of home remedies for kidney stone:
- Brisk walking acts to shaken the stones that would make them flushed with urine easily. Massage therapy is also beneficial.
- Fish oil contains essential fatty acids that block the action of inflammatory chemicals therefore blocking the occurrence of pain.
- Olive oil contains a natural chemical oleocanthal that acts like ibuprofen, an anti-pain medication as well as other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Studies from Michigan State University revealed that consuming 20 tart cherries is better than some anti-pain drugs and is an effective relief for kidney stones. The amount of tart cherries contains 12 to 25 mg of anthocyanins that inhibit pain transmission.
- White willow bark inhibits pain transmission by blocking pain receptors.
- Curcumin, a potent natural painkiller found in turmeric, blocks inflammatory chemicals.