Home Remedies for an Itchy Rectum
The following are itchy rectum causes:
- Poor hygiene
- Skin tags
- Irritating chemicals found in food
- Irritation due to constant anal moisture
- Side effects of antibiotics
- Health conditions such as psoriasis
- Anal fissures
- Dry skin
- Irritation from scratching
Itchy Rectum Symptoms
- Itching rectal area
Itchy Rectum Treatment
- Frequently wash your anal area. If your rectum starts to itch, wash it with warm water and mild soap to prevent irritation.
- Itchy rectum can also be treated by placing a cotton ball in the anal opening to absorb moisture and excess fluid in the area.
- You should also cut down on coffee as it contains oil that cannot be digested. The tendency for this oil is to drip down and find its way out through the anus.
- Avoid eating spicy foods, citrus fruits, and grapefruits as they tend to secrete irritants that could agitate the anal area.
- You can also prevent having an itchy rectum by wearing cotton underwear. For men, it would be better if you prefer boxers over briefs.
- If you are having anal fissures, wash your bottom with clean water and mild soap after defecating. Avoid wiping off your anus with toilet paper, wash as much as possible.
- You can also dry up your bottom with hair dryer. After taking a bath or when you feel like your rectal area is wet, turn your hairdryer on mild heat setting then focus the nozzle on your rectum.