Oral temperature above 99.8degree F is defined as fever. Fever is actually body’s way of responding to infections. Fever becomes unpleasant when the temperature is high.
Fever can be due to viral infections or bacterial infection in the body. Fever will be present with associated complaints such as vomiting, headache, abdominal pain etc.
Symptoms Of Fever
- Pain in various parts of the body, shivering, thirst, nausea, vomiting, constipation, scanty urine, speedy respiration and pulse, finally followed by profuse sweating.
- High temperature beyond 107 degree Fahrenheit can cause mental disturbances and even death.
Natural Remedies To Break A Fever
There are several ways to break a fever without taking medicine.But you have to be aware that fever is not the cause, it is just a manifestation of a disease and unless the underlying disease is not cured, fever will return, even if you try to break it naturally without medicines.
- Lukewarm water sponging is the easiest way to break the fever naturally. Stop sponging when the fever is below 100degree F.
- Keep the patient in a cool room or if possible in an air-conditioned room.
- Dress the patient lightly and do not wrap the patient with blankets.
- Keep the patient well hydrated and tell him to drink enough water. The regimen helps to break the fever in adults.
- Mix the juice of an orange with warm water and take it every 2 hours from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Leaves of holy basil work well to break the fever in adults. A decoction prepared with fifteen grams of basil leaves boiled in water, should be given along with1 cup of milk mixed with sugar and cardamom.
- Grape juice is the other natural remedy to break a fever in adults. The juice quenches the thirst and removes the burning sensation produced by the fever. It also helps to eliminate the toxins from the body.
- Tea made from fenugreek is ideal to break common fevers in natural way.