PCOS Home Remedies
PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome in female is characterized by irregular menses, obesity, hirsutism (abnormal growth of hair on lips and chin). The ovaries get enlarged due to multiple cysts present in them. The hormonal imbalance results due to PCOS with various manifestations.
PCOS is one of the leading causes of infertility in women, if the diagnosis of PCOS is made early, the complication of infertility, heart problems and diabetes can be reduced markedly.
Treatment, Natural Remedies for PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
As you know the causes of PCOS, few of the following things will help to reduce the problems faced by women suffering with PCOS.
- Weight reduction: if you are obese, than weight reduction is essential. It will help in restoring the ovulation, and help in reducing the androgen and insulin level, with regulating the other hormones such as estrogen and progesterone.
- Diet and exercise will help to achieve your goal to reduce fats in your body.
- Utilize complex carbohydrate in your diet as they are high in fiber content, they get digested slowly and there by gradually increase sugar level.
- Cereals, beans, pulses and sprouts, green leafy vegetables and fruits are some of the complex carbohydrate one should eat.
- Avoid simple carbohydrates such as sugar, cakes, cookies, ice-cream, colas and sodas.
- Extra hairy growth can be removed by waxing, laser treatment, and electrolysis.
- Exercise: regular exercise will lower your blood sugar levels.
Herbal Remedies for PCOS
- Black cohosh: useful if the patient is stressed.
- Vitexagnus castus: it may help in regulating the balance of estrogen, progesterone, LH, FSH and testosterone.
- Liquorice helps in excess body hair.
- False unicorn root contains plant estrogen , it helps to counteract estrogen level in our body without changing the ovulation mechanism.