Facial Fungal Infection
Fungal infection on face is caused due to the fungi, which produce harmful effects by producing mycotoxins or by evoking allergic reactions or by direct tissue invasion. Fungal infection on face is extremely common in hot and humid environment.
Fungus thrives well in moisture.
Ringworm is one such fungal infection which may occur on the face as well as on other parts of body.
The patch of ringworm looks like a coin; it is circular in shape, the central part of the ring looks to be healthy.
Pityriasis versicolor and tinea facii are other fungal infection on the face.
Symptoms of Fungal Infection on Face
- Itching is common symptom of any fungal infection.
- Scaling of superficial skin
- Redness in the area of infection.
Treatment of Facial fungal infection
- Garlic acts as a antifungal remedy for fungal infection on face. Sliced garlic clove can be applied as a compress on the fungal area. Use it twice in a day. Wash the area with water after compresses.
- Apple cider vinegar diluted in water can be applied to cure facial fungal infection. Wash your face and dry your skin. Now use a cotton swab dipped in apple cider vinegar on the circled patches of ringworm. Vinegar may give burning sensation on the part that is applied. But it cures within few days.
- Sulfur soap can be used if a person is having fungal infection on face.