There are two basic types of foot fungus: the tinea pedis or athlete’s foot and onychomycosis or nail fungus. Both types can be acquired through direct contact with persons or objects that have been infected with the fungus.
Causes Of Foot Fungus
The following are factors that could make the fungus thrive easier:
- Warm climate.
- Moist environment.
- People who sweat on foot excessively.
Home Remedies For Fungal Foot Infections
The two types of this fungus can be treated and prevented with the following methods:
- Keep your feet clean and dry at all times. Before putting your shoes on, pat your feet with a clean towel.
- You can also apply foot powder on your toes before putting your socks on.
- The two types of foot fungal infections can be treated by soaking your feet in apple cider vinegar for at least 20 minutes two times a day. Vinegar is known for its anti-fungal properties and it also help in neutralizing foot odor.
- You can also clean your fungal infected feet by directly rubbing them with hydrogen peroxide.
- Direct application of tea tree oil to the affected area is another home remedy, it kills the fungus that causes the disease and odor.
- Also, as a solution to these fungal infections, sprinkle baking soda to your toes and leave it on for 15 minutes then rinse your feet with water after.
- You can also apply corn starch on your toes as it can effective absorb moisture from your feet and nails.
- You can also use mouthwash to immediately ease the itch and burning of your infected toenails.