Remedy for Foot Cracks
Foot cracks are often the result of improper foot care. People mostly neglect to take a look at their feet and cracks develop, due to overexposure and lack of moisture on the skin of the foot.
The heels of the foot often bear the burden of our body and due to this, the foot pad expand sideways, stretching the skin. As the rim of the foot is dry, cracks begin on the superficial area of the foot and the heels. This cracks and fissures can grow deep giving rise to bleeding and infection if not attended in time.
Foot Crack Causes
Dry skin, thick skin, deficiency of certain acids like omega 3 fatty acids and zinc are the causes of foot cracks.
Obese person, elderly people and person standing for a long time may also face the problem of cracks in foot.
Diabetics and people with lower immunity should be careful, as foot cracks takes more time to heal.
Eczema and psoriasis can also cause foot cracks.
How to Heal Foot Cracks
- Applying vegetable oil at night make the foot skin soft and supple after few days. Vegetable oil softens the hard and dry skin of the foot.
- You can also apply pulp of ripe banana on the cracked foot area, it gives better results. After keeping the pulp for half hour wash the area with plain water.
- Prepare a mixture containing glycerin and rose water. Apply it regularly at night while sleeping. It moistens the dry skin and helps to treat cracked heels and foot.
- Wear proper fitting shoes.
How to Get Rid of Foot Cracks
- Moisturizing regularly your cracked foot in warm soapy water is beneficial in this condition.
- Eat fish, flaxseeds they are rich in omega 3 fatty acids. As it’s deficiency can also cause crack foot.
- Zinc containing foods are kidney beans, yogurt and brown rice in vegetarian diet. Crabs, chicken and oysters are non vegetarian diet which helps to cure foot cracks.
- Rubbing pumice stone regularly on the thickened foot skin will not allow it to crack.