Treatment For Flaky Eye Lids
Flaky skin on eyelids is seen in many conditions, there is itching, redness and white flake’s from the skin of the eyelids when a person scratches the eye lids. The skin is dry when there is a flaky eyelid.
Usually both the eyelids are affected, but in some cases one eye can also get the infection.
Causes of Flaky Skin On Eye Lids
- Atopic dermatitis, it is the skin manifestation commonly observed in children, any part of the body may be involved, including eye lids.
- Contact dermatitis: this is due to the allergen coming in contact with the skin of eyelids. Chemicals, cosmetic creams and lotions of low quality are mainly responsible for this condition. Perfumes and sprays.
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Dry weather.
- Dandruff on scalp.
- Psoriasis and eczema.
- Vitamin A deficiency.
- Drug allergy
Home Remedy For Flaky Eye Lids
- A healthy nutritious diet is always advisable when there is any eye problem; in general also it applies to all conditions. As Vitamin A deficiency is one of the causes of flaky eyelids, carrot juice, and orange juice rich in vitamin A and C, beetroot and fish and meat are advisable. Supplementary vitamin A tabs can be taken after the advice of a doctor.
- Do not use cosmetics over the eye lids.
- Take care of dandruff on scalp. treat them with shampoo.
- Clean your hands and cut your finger nails, as some time dermatitis spreads due to contact with some allergens.
- Applying olive oil or plain coconut oil is beneficial in flaky skin on eyelids.