Cure for Finger Fungal Infection
Finger fungal infection is commonly seen in ladies who work more in water or house wives. Finger fungal infection can be on the edges of finger or on the nails. Fungus thrives in moisture, as fingers remain more in water; they get a conducive environment to grow on the fingernails.
Fungal infection of nails is called onichomycosis. It makes the nails white or yellow or black in color. After some time nail loses its shine and ridges form on the nails. They become brittle and get parched easily.This finger fungal nail infection is deep seated and takes time to heal. It may take as much as 6 months to a year after starting treatment.
The rest of the fungal infection of finger skin is similar to any other fungal infection.
Conventional therapy practitioner will advise you to apply anti-fungal lotion or ointment on the diseased nails and fingers.
Home Remedies for Finger Fungus Infection
- Turmeric powder: make a paste of turmeric powder with water. Apply this paste on the affected finger and nails. Allow it to dry and then wash it off with plain water.
- Keep your nails and finger dry. After working in water, dry your finger and nails with dry cloth.
- Tea tree oil in finger fungus infection: due to its anti-fungal property, tea tree oil is a good home remedy to treat finger fungus infection. Dilute tea tree oil and apply the solution on the fingers and nails preferably at night while retiring to bed. You have to use it for a prolonged time for nail infection.
- You can also apply apple cider vinegar on the nails and finger skin.
- Application of alcohol also helps in finger fungus infection.