How To Make Dandelion Juice
Dandelion juice is prepared from fresh dandelion leaves, it is sweet in taste, mature leaves will have bitter taste. Dandelion is known as taraxacum officianale.
Dandelion juice can be prepared by cutting young leaves of the dandelion plant, the juice can be added to watercress and carrot juice can be added to dandelion juice to achieve added nutritional value.
Dandelion Juice Recipe
Dandelion juice prepared from 100 gms of leaves has following nutritional values:
- Calcium =300mg
- Vitamin A= 14000 IU
- Iron, vitamin B-complex and iron in minor quantity
Dandelion Juice Health Benefits
- Dandelion and liver benefits: Dandelion contains antioxidants which protects the liver from various toxins, stimulates the liver to produce bile and help in digestion.
- Calcium in dandelion juice: This mineral helps to keep the bone density and osteoporosis at bay, the bone health is maintained by consuming dandelion juice as it contains plenty of calcium.
- Dandelion juice in cancer: The antioxidant property of dandelion is well exploited in treating cancer and to detoxify the body and protecting from cancer.
- Dandelion juice also acts as a diuretic.
- Dandelion juice in jaundice: As dandelion promotes the bile production and its dispersal, it is helpful to cut the course of jaundice. If taken in combination with sugarcane juice it is more beneficial.
- Dandelion juice in diabetes: Since dandelion juice is useful in stimulating the pancreas to secrete more insulin, this makes the utilization of sugar from the blood more efficient and concurrently controls diabetes.