Colon Bacterial Infection Causes
Colon bacterial infection causes when there is imbalance in the existing bacterial colony. The bacterial flora in the colon gets disturbed due to use of antibiotics, the probiotic bacteria or good bacteria are killed in this process.
The natural habitat of clostridium difficile bacteria is colon; this harmful bacterium gets the chance to flare up causing diarrhea, vomiting, fever and abdominal pain.
Clostridium difficile bacteria are not contagious, but they are eliminated in stool, therefore necessary hygienic precaution should be taken such as washing hands with soap after defecation.
Tuberculosis of intestine is transmitted through blood; it is also one of the colon bacterial infections.
Mesenteric lymph glands are inflamed if there is tuberculosis of colon. Investigation such as barium meal of colon and cecum will reveal tubercular infection. MRI may be useful for diagnosis.
Colon Bacterial Infection Symptoms
- Abdominal pain
- Blood in stool
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Weight loss if there is tubercular infection of colon.
Treatment for Colon Bacterial Infection
- To maintain colonic bacterial flora of good bacteria one should consume probiotics and lactobacillus organism producing food. This can be achieved by consuming yogurt and buttermilk.
- Bananas are helpful in this process, at least 2 to 3 bananas help to restrict bacterial infection of colon.
- Coconut water and apple juice are also helpful in treating colonic bacterial infection.
- Papaya, carrot juice helps in curtailing the infective organism.
- Low sugar diet, rest, plenty of water and low fiber content food should be advised when suffering from colon bacterial infection.