Question: My brother is suffering from chronic kidney disease. Due to long time medicine, such situation arose. Water is not going outside from body and how to dispose off of water. Because of this his weight is increasing from 39kg to 48kg.
Is there any treatment or any doctor, to dispose-off water from the body in chronic kidney diseases?
Answer: Chronic kidney disease as the name suggest is a progressive disorder of the kidney where the body waste material are not excreted to its full capacity by the kidney as it should be.The waste materials are in the form of urea and creatinine.
Functions Of Kidney
The main function of kidney is to excrete the waste material and water from our body, in addition it regulates the fluid and certain minerals like potassium, calcium, sodium and phosphorus. It also helps to excrete drugs and toxins from our body. It releases hormones which regulate blood pressure, make the bones strong and form red blood cells.
Causes Of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Obstruction caused by kidney stones, any growth, enlarged prostate
- Kidney cysts
- Recurrent urinary infections
Chronic Kidney Disease Symptoms
- In most of the cases primary stage is discovered by doing blood tests for creatinine, and urea as in case of hypertension or diabetes
- Swelling of ankles and face, with pitting
- Dry and itching of skin
- Poor appetite
Chronic kidney disease can occur at any age, persons more susceptible are those who suffer from hypertension and diabetes.
Treatment And Diet For Chronic Kidney Disease
- Salt should be restricted in patients suffering from chronic kidney disease
- Fluid intake has to be restricted.
- Low salt, low protein and high carbohydrate diet is advised in chronic kidney disease. As proteins form urea as its byproduct during synthesis, therefore it has to be restricted.
- Daily fluid intake should be in proportion of its output
- Person is allowed to eat fruits and vegetables
- Avoid fried food
- There are certain homeopathic remedies helpful in chronic kidney disease, they have to be taken under the guidance of a homeopath
- Radish juice and carrot juice is helpful in cases of chronic kidney disease. It is a natural diuretic and therefore helpful in decreasing the water from the body and the swelling resulting from it
Your brother can follow the above given home remedies, and can consult a nephrologist if the swelling does not recede.