Bladder is one of the urinary tract organ, the other being kidney, ureter, prostate and urethra. Urine gets accumulated in urinary bladder before voiding. Bladder infection occurs due to bacteria.
Burning urination, fever, vomiting and nausea, pain in lower abdomen are cardinal symptoms of urinary bladder infection.
Home Remedies For Bladder Infection
Besides conventional antibiotic medicines, there are many home remedies for instant bladder infection relief.
- Cranberry juice ranks foremost among them, it give instant benefit in bladder symptoms. It does not allow bacteria to cling to the bladder wall. And flushes out the bacteria while urinating.Cranberry juice contain vitamin C and quinolic acid, both of them prevent bacteria to get anchored onto the bladder wall.
- Drinking plenty of water is one of the natural ways of eliminating the bladder infection.
- Barley water juice is also an instant bladder infection relief remedy.
- Uva ursi and cantharis are homeopathic remedies valuable in getting relief from urinary bladder infection.
- Yogurt contains acidophilus bacilli; they help to get rid of the harmful bacteria in the bladder.
- Echinacea tea is an herbal remedy for urinary tract infection.
- Do not hold urine for a long time and do not suppress the urge to pass urine. Chances of urinary tract infection increases with it.
Causes Of Bladder Infection
- One reason for it may be due to urine to be more alkaline.
- The other reason can presence of calculi in the bladder.
- Bladder infection can also occur due to prostatitis.
- Bladder infection can be due to prolong use of catheter.
- STD can cause urinary bladder infection.
- In females due to anatomical proximity of vagina and bladder chances of infection are very high, if proper hygiene is not maintained.