Always Feeling Sleepy
Always feeling sleepy can be due to various reasons. Some of the possible causes of feeling sleepy all the time include the following:
Causes Of Always Feeling Sleepy
- Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea or narcolepsy
- Side effects of medication or due to withdrawal from medications such as pain killers, muscle relaxers, medication for allergies and tranquilizers
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Medical conditions such as brain tumor, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, hypothyroidism
Feeling Sleepy Causes
- Sleeping up late and having an active nightlife
- Head or central nervous system injury
- Neurological disorders such as Kleine-Levin Syndrome and idiopathic hypersomnia
- Sleep deprivation effects due to long night shifts
- Genetic factors
How To Stop Feeling Sleepy All The Time
- You can avoid feeling sleepy during the day by keeping away from the risk factors such as reducing your night outs, limitation of alcohol intake, and maintaining an ideal weight.
- You can also adhere to a regular sleep pattern. Sleep at the same time every night to condition your brain. You should also avoid napping during daytime.
- You can also prevent having this feeling by sleeping early at night. You can have a good night’s sleep by drinking a glass of warm milk before bedtime.
- Avoid eating sweets or sugary products as it could induce sleepiness when sugar burns off. To get healthy sugar, you can consume fruits.
- Avoid drinking coffee or tea especially a few hours before bedtime.