Acute constipation is the type of constipation occurring mostly in middle-aged individuals. This condition can start quickly and can last for a few days.
Causes Of Acute Constipation
The most common causes of acute constipation include blockage, prolonged inactivity, medication, dehydration, or having missing bowel movement. The condition can also happen among pregnant women especially when the womb starts pressing on the intestine. Other causes include lead poisoning, general anesthesia effects, and eating hard to digest objects. The following are acute constipation symptoms that would be of great help in dealing with the discomforts.
Acute Constipation Symptoms
The following are symptoms of the condition that you need to watch out for:
- Sensation of seemingly endless bowel movement
- Bloated abdomen
- Gas or flatulence
- Hard stools that are difficult to eject
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in the stomach
- Bleeding due to straining
Acute Constipation Home Remedies
The following are the available acute constipation treatment and home remedies you can try:
- To fight dehydration, drink lots of water.
- Fiber is also very important in a person’s diet. Eating more natural, raw foods helps.
- You need to exercise more and regularly.
- Enema can also help in easing out bowel evacuation and for quick relief.
- You can try OTC laxatives in liquid, pill, or powdered mixes.
- If the condition worsens, it is best to immediately consult the doctor.