What is ice pick acne scars?
They are scars that signify history of acne infection on the face, specifically the cheeks. Anybody can be affected with the condition especially those that are not careful with what that they eat and diligent in cleaning their face. Ice pick acne scars can easily be spotted because they are usually narrow, long, and deep that look like they have actually been pierced by a pointed object.
The common causes of ice pick acne scar include:
- Inflammation of the skin.
- Acne infection.
Home Remedies For Ice Pick Acne Scars
You can choose different ice pick acne scar treatment options.But if you want an inexpensive, safe, and effective way of treating ice pick scars, choose home remedies such as the following:
- Cut a piece of lemon and squeeze it on a bowl. Soak the juice with a cotton ball and apply it directly on the skin area where the ice pick acne scar is located. Leave it on for 10 minutes before washing the juice off with regular water.
- To avoid having the scars, you should look at the causes and try to avoid them. Frequently wash your face mild soap and clean water. Pat your face dry with a clean towel after.
- Cut a piece of fresh tomato and apply it on the ice pick acne scar. Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants that can revive damaged skin cells including ice pick acne scars.
- Massage your ice pick acne scars using olive oil. Olive oil has natural moisturizing agents that can effectively soften and lighten scars.
- Another natural ice pick acne scar treatment is the use of ice cubes. Rub an ice cube on your ice pick acne scars in circular motion. This will help in tightening the pores and in making the acne scars disappear over time.
- Drink plenty of water. It is most simple and effective remedy to flush out toxins from the body, keep the tissues hydrated, maintain skin tone and keep the energy levels up. Water is also essential for those who are eating high-fiber foods. Fiber needs water to swell up and absorb the toxins like a sponge. If taking plain water does not appeal to you, add lemon or orange to it.
- Try some herbal green tea, as tannin present in the tea is a soothing agent and helps in healing as it absorbs ultra-violet light.