The sight of stretch marks on arms and shoulders is not that hideous, but it’s not attractive either. Those who have these stretch marks particularly on their arms and shoulders would want them to disappear as soon as possible.
Those people involved in weightlifting exercises tend to develop these stretch marks.
Persons whose weight has diminished also tend to have stretch marks on the arms and shoulders. Our skin has its own limit of elasticity, and if it has been pushed beyond this end point, it doesn’t bounce back, and the marks of stretching appear.
Home Remedies For Stretch Marks On Arms
Luckily, there are many ways to hide those stretch marks on the arms and shoulders. They include the following:
- Use lotions like cocoa butter and Retin A cream. Retin A prevents and refines stretch marks. It can also repair uneven skin. For great efficiency, use this while stretch marks are still fresh.
- Rub egg whites on the skin; you will feel that the skin has tightened. Wash off with water after 20 minutes.
- The act of massaging lotions into the areas helps increase the blood flow and circulation. This assists in the healing process dramatically.
- Exfoliate daily. Milk is a good exfoliant.
- Tanning is another excellent way to hide these stretch marks. When you are tanned, you have just one hue all over your body. It diminishes and eliminates minor stretch marks.
- Drink lots of water. It keeps skin smooth and having a less-stretched look.
Stretch Marks On Shoulders Treatment
- Stretch marks fade over time.
- Take supplements of vitamins A, E, and C. They help increase strength and elasticity of collagen in your skin, reducing chances of forming stretch marks.
- Adding zinc to the diet is beneficial also. Foods like liver, fish, wheat germ, bran cereals, parmesan cheese, eggs, and oysters should be ingested regularly as you work on removing the signs of stretched skin.
- Open vitamin E capsules and rub the oil on stretch marks daily for two weeks.
- Surgeons can do laser therapy for stretch marks for treating them.
- Chemical peels also remove unwanted stretch marks.
Talk to your dermatologist and surgeon. Together you can decide the best treatment for you.