There are many reasons that explain why a delay in menstruation happens. Among the main causes why women would want to induce menstruation early is because of polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS. Because of PCOS, some women suffer from having irregular periods ranging from heavy cycles to no menstruation at all.
Natural Ways to Induce Menstruation Early
However, there are some women who do not want to wait until their 21-day cycle resumes. The following are some ways to induce menstruation naturally:
- If you are suffering from PCOS, you can try some prescribed birth control pills to help induce menstruation thus regularizing the menstrual cycle.
- Doctors also prescribe progesterone as treatment to induce menstruation or periods since progesterone is an important hormone that is responsible for the length of the ovulation and can also reduce heavy period.
- Weight loss is also one way to induce menstruation.
Eat Parsley to Induce Menstruation Period
- Another way to induce menstruation naturally is through the intake of herbs called emmenagogues, which include parsley and ginger that can help stimulate the contraction in the uterus thus inducing menstruation.
- One way to induce menstruation naturally is by avoiding caffeine, salt, red meat, and aspirin.
- Fruits such as mango, pineapple, papaya, can also help induce menstruation.
- Increased consumption of vitamin C is also effective in inducing menstruation. Just make sure to drink lots of water for every intake of vitamin C.
- Other types of herbs that can induce menstruation also include sage, bay, mugwort, rosemary, black cohosh, and rue. However, these herbs have certain side effects so intake should be with caution.
- Conditioning your body from stress is also significant in inducing menstruation. You can try a hot bath to help you relax.
- Lastly, exercise can also help in inducing menstruation. You may try aerobic exercise along with abdominal exercises to induce your menstruation.