Many blemishes assault the face, especially in teenagers. But most of these conditions can be prevented by cleaning with soap and water and following with toners.
How Do Facial Toners Work
- Facial toners restore firmness to the skin. After washing your face, whether in the morning or at night, use facial toners to close pores.
- A facial toner decreases oil in the skin, reducing susceptibility to pimples.
- Using a toner stimulates the skin.
- Facial toners eliminate remnants of soap, makeup, oil, and grime.
- Toners restore the skin’s natural pH balance.
Homemade Facial Toners
Many brands of facial toners are available in the market today.More and more people, however, are turning to the homemade varieties. This is because:
- You know what’s going into your skin.
- Homemade toners are easy on the skin because there are no harmful ingredients that may cause allergies.
- They’re cheaper than ready-made ones.
Make Your Own Facial Toner
You can make your own facial toners. Choose recipes that can be used at once and don’t have to be stored for days or weeks to be effective. Try different kinds to see which one suits your skin type best.
A couple of guides on how to make facial toners at home:
- Mix 1/2 tsp sea salt, 2 egg yolks, and 1/2 cup yogurt. Apply mixture on the face and let dry, then wash off with water.
- Put 1 chamomile teabag into 100mL boiling water. Remove the bag after 5 minutes; apply on the face using a cotton ball.