Question: What are the natural remedies for skin fungus?
Answer: Skin fungus grows best in warm, moist areas of the skin, such as in the folds of groin, between the toes, in the armpits and beneath the breasts. The common skin funguses are
- Tinea pedis (athlete’s foot). Fungus infection between toes.
- Tinea cruris (jock itch). Fungus in the groin and upper thigh.
- Ringworm. Round scaly and itchy spots on the skin surface of groin, waist, scalp, nails etc.
- Thrush. Candida yeast infection in mouth and genitals of female. White milk like coating, difficult to remove.
Natural Treatment for Skin Fungal Infection
- Keep the feet clean and dry in between the toes after swimming and bathing.
- Wear thongs and shower sandals in public pools and showers.
- Keep the groin area clean and dry after exercise and bath to cure skin fungus.
- Wear leather shoes and sandals that allow your feet to breath. Wear a cotton sock which absorbs sweat.
- Do not share your comb with anyone.
- In case of ring worm apply apple cider vinegar on the fungal area of the skin.
- Gentian violet lotion application is a good remedy for thrush; one has to be aware that it stains the clothes.
Home Remedy For Skin Fungus
- Tea tree oil is also used in skin fungus infection treatment.
- Lavender and thyme essential oil can also be used to treat skin fungus.