What are the home remedies for gallbladder pain?
Gallbladder is an elongated pear shaped 3 to 4 inch sac located under the liver and attached to the liver. The main function of gallbladder is to accumulate Bile from the liver parenchyma, and transport it into the small intestine. This way liver excretes the toxins through the Bile.
Bile contains bile salts, cholesterol, and lecithin. When there is excessive concentration of bile salts, cholesterol and lecithin they result in gallstones. These gallstones can cause inflammation of the gall bladder which is known as cholecystitis.Gallbladder attack can be due to gall stone or inflammation of gall bladder.
Symptoms Of Gallbladder Stones
- The cardinal symptom of gall stone is colic. It is the sharp pain appearing suddenly in the right upper and mid abdomen and radiating between the shoulder blades.
- Patients with gall stone are prone for constipation.
- Vomiting and nausea are other features associated with this gall bladder disease.
- Jaundice can result if the blockage is in the common bile duct.
Home Remedies For Gallbladder Pain
- In acute gallbladder pain, drink 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of apple juice. It brings relief from gallbladder attack within an hour. If the pain still persists with same intensity, consult a doctor to rule out any other cause such as heart pain or pancreatitis.
- Turmeric is suitable home remedy for gallbladder attack. If you have gall stones, it helps to expel and minimize the size of gall stones from the bile duct.
- Peppermint capsules are preferred in gallstone condition.
- Alfalfa has the ability to clean the liver of its toxins and thus help to excrete the gall stones.
- Omega 3 fatty acid in fish prevents gallstone formation.
- Carrot, grape, and vegetable juices are good diet for gallstone patients.
- Dandelion juice is also effective remedy for gallbladder pain and gallstone.