Shingles scars and blisters can occur at any place on our body and mostly to people with sensitive skin. Herpes zoster virus is cause of shingles. These rashes mostly with open sores result in scars and blisters which are definitely not a pretty sight. Here are some tips on how to get rid of shingles scars.
Healing Shingles Scars
The following tips include preventing the scabs from becoming scars and scar treatment in general that you can even do at home and also some preventive measures.
Healing Shingles Scars Treatment
- Pound two aspirin tablets to powder, and add 2 tablespoons of nail polish remover. Apply this solution to the scab or scar using cotton balls.
- Mix a small amount of rubbing alcohol with calamine lotion and apply to affected areas.
- Take vitamin C, zinc, and vitamin B-complex supplements daily.
- Antibacterial lotion can help in preventing further or additional infections on the healing scars.
- A chamomile tea bag compress can also be effective.
How To Remove Shingles Scars
- Try applying cucumber juice, olive oil, cod liver oil, or vitamin E oil to the healing scabs. Massage the skin for a while after applying oil to stimulate skin revival and removal of scars.
- Apply domeboro astringent solution on a piece of gauze for 15 to 20 minutes, and then repeat 4 times a day.
- Honey is effective in removing chicken pox scars; it may be helpful with healing its second bout in shingles.
- When the rash or blistering starts, start also applying sandalwood oil, to reduce the chance of scarring when you’re healed.
Prevention Of Shingles Scars
- Using black abil powder on healing scabs can also be helpful in healing shingles scars.
- Aloe vera gel works well with all scars and that includes shingles scars.
- Cocoa butter and wheat grass are examples of other good remedies.
- Try not to scratch and burst blisters while you still have them in order to avoid the occurrence of scars.