Hair on chin and neck on women occur when a strand of hair reenters the skin pores and continues to grow beneath the skin. It is also called razor bumps or pseudofolliculitis barbae. Having hair ingrown is more common among women and men in general who have curly hair. The usual causes of hair on chin and neck are as follows:
- Constant shaving.
- Blunt razor blades.
- Trapped new hair that failed to grow out from the skin.
- Hair removal methods like plucking and waxing also cause ingrown hairs.
Home Remedies For Hair On Chin And Neck In Women
To effectively remove unwanted ingrown hair, the following remedies should be helpful:
- Allow your skin to rest and for your hair to grow out naturally by not shaving for at least two days. This will give your hair a chance to grow freely outside the skin instead of curling back.
- Hair on chin and neck on women can also be treated thru proper way of shaving. Do not go against the normal growth direction of your hair on chin and neck because this will not only induce hair ingrown, this could also make your hair in those areas grow thicker.
- Exfoliate the skin prior to shaving. This will make hair on the chin and neck easier to come out and prevent ingrown. You can exfoliate the skin with the use of loofah, scrub, or sponge or you can also make an effective concoction of a tablespoon of liquid soap and a teaspoon of baking soda. Scrub gently on the skin surfaces where hair ingrown are located.
- If you are experiencing hair on chin and neck on women, do not pluck it out with tweezers, instead, use a straight pin to carefully straighten and guide the ingrown out of your skin.